California Department of Education Resources
Click on the link below to view the Stronger Together Guidebook video overview. Dr. Stephanie Gregson, Chief Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction for the California Department of Education, provides an overview of the CDE guidance, "Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California's Public Schools". (reference: cde.ca.gov)
State Guidelines for Reopening Schools
Based on state metrics, K-12 schools can open for in-person classes starting Sept. 1. They need to follow state guidance and create a Safe Reopening Plan. Each school or district will decide whether to open. (reference: sandiegocounty.gov)
Teaching during distance learning. What does this mean?
- Any changes to our working conditions, including ANY directives for distance learning opportunities must be bargained. The EERA has not been suspended and our collective bargaining agreement protects us from unilateral changes, even in times of emergency.
- Some cautions about distance learning: Parents are not teachers.
- Many parents are suffering from the same trauma as their children.
- Use caution when using your personal device to communicate with parents and students.
- Use caution when using your work device for personal activities.
- Use best practices for interacting with students and parents from home.
- If you video conference, be aware of background items and people.
- Our union work continues as usual. We will continue to bargain, fight grievances, and represent each and every one of you like we always do. If we are working with you on a specific issue, someone from CVE leadership with contact you as soon as possible.
Email our CVE President, Susan Skala, at email@example.com
Feeding San Diego
Food distribution locations